The goal of makeup is to enhance your natural beauty while highlighting your features. Blush is a graceful product specially designed to make your skin glow. But what’s the right way to apply blush for a face-lifting look? Continue reading for tips to start wearing blush like a pro.
Pick a Shade That Complements Your Skin Tone
You can’t achieve a sculpted makeup look without selecting the right shade of blush. Beauty brands offer a wide variety of shades. Before buying a stunning pink or mauve blush, think about which color will favor your skin tone.
- Fair or light skin tone: pink, peach, and light coral shades will give fair cheeks a natural flush.
- Medium skin tone: warm mauve, pigmented peach, and rich pink shades will add natural warmth without overpowering your medium-toned skin.
- Tan skin tone: nude, brown, and peach blushes blend beautifully with a tan complexion.
- Dark skin tone: radiant fuchsia, rich raspberry, and vibrant coral colors will make cheekbones pop when blended with dark skin.
Select the Right Style of Blush Brush
A soft-bristled fluffy brush is favorable for its effortless blending capabilities and flexibility. You can easily achieve a smooth finish by pairing this brush with cream products or loose powders.
Another option is a dense, flat-tipped blush brush for creamy blushes. Once the product is on your cheekbones, start blending upward into the hairline. Using a flat-tipped brush will take a little more practice to blend thoroughly, but it’s well worth the wait.
The third blush brush option is a tapered brush that is favorable for adding ample pigment and precise application. It works with loose or pressed powders to seamlessly sculpt your cheekbones for a smooth and delicate finish.
Learn About Your Face Shape
When you learn about your face shape, you can determine the location of your cheekbones and apply blush for a face-lifting look!
- Oval: This face shape has a forehead that is slightly wider than the chin. The length of the face is roughly one and a half times the width. Blush looks the best on the apples of the cheeks of an oval face.
- Round: On this face shape, the cheeks are typically the widest part of the face. Apply blush at the apples of the cheeks, then sweep the blush upward at a slight diagonal toward the hairline.
- Heart: On a heart-shaped face, the forehead is wider and gently tapers to a pointy chin. Soften the edges by adding a light bit of color at the temples and focusing the blush at the outer portion of the cheekbones.
- Square: The width of the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are roughly the same on a square-shaped face. Apply a blush below the cheekbone to enhance the angular appearance.
Now you know the tips for applying blush for a face-lifting look, but are you stuck wondering which blush is the best product to buy? Start with something you can trust that is harmless for your skin; try Jil Goorman Beauty’s incredible acne-safe blush!